Using RoboGuice with BlackBerry Android Runtime

I have recently been porting Android application to run on the new BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.0 which includes an Android 2.3 runtime.  However, one of my apps kept failing the BlackBerry packager checks because:

3 uses-package com.google.android.maps

However my app wasn't using it, and a search of my code didn't reveal any uses of it either.
It turns out that, because I was using RoboGuice, which has a MapActivity, the BlackBerry packager was picking that up, even though I wasn't using it.

The only solution I could think of was to unpack the roboguice jar, delete the MapActivity class, then repackage it.  Then the BlackBerry packager was happy!

Hope this helps someone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Launch a website as a mobile app using PhoneGap/Apache Cordova

Installing and using mobilize.js to transform a desktop site to a mobile site

How to manually add Cordova plugins to your app